Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ryan's Song

My wife and I (con friends) went to see Ryan Adams (and the Cardinals) Sunday night at Harbor Lights in Boston. And the kid was sharp--the most energized and happy and healthy I had ever seen him for a show. It's a wonder what dropping a heroin/cocaine/alcohol habit will do. Highlights (for me) included "Come Pick Me Up" and "Why Do They Leave." "Magick," a new tune, sounded a bit Joan Jett-ish...not that there's anything wrong with that. The show reminded me to keep his music in regular rotation on my ipod.

It took me awhile to place his new, youthful, spectacled appearance. But I got it about four songs in: Corey Haim in Lucas. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) You tell me:

Ryan


Lucas


Check out the Cardinal Cave, Ryan's blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"con friends"
What does that mean?

aghost said...

Con is Spanish for "with"--like chili con carne: chili with meat. You know, like using sans (French) for "without." Just being stupid/playful/multicultural/revolutionary.